i The state of Colorado requires each school to have a School Accountability Committee (SAC) consisting of parents, teachers, and community members charged with advising the administration on the improvement of the school. The SAC is tasked with informing, encouraging, and providing opportunities for parents and community members to be involved in the planning and evaluation of the school’s instructional program and quality improvement processes.
To achieve these goals throughout the year the AAC (Ascent Accountability Council) will:
- Meet at least quarterly.
- Review data to make recommendations on improvement plans.
- Help administer and present the annual Parent Satisfaction Survey.
- Provide recommendations on the spending of school funds.
- Strategize ways to increase family involvement.
- Increase culture and outreach efforts.
- Provide recommendations on the spending of funds gained through fundraising efforts.
- Provide input on school improvement efforts.
- Work alongside the headmaster to ensure the execution of the school’s mission and vision.
Members of the 2023-2024 Ascent Accountability Council include:
- James King, Chair
- Jessica McDonald, Secretary
- Katie Baker, Parent Liaison
- Megan Engelstad
- Shea Maimbourg
- Nicole Stroud
- Laurie Marks, Community Member
- Wayne Brothers, Community Member
- Taylor Gasper, Faculty Member
- Eric Tomlin, Faculty Member
- Trent Kramer, Headmaster
- February 27, 2023
- March 20, 2023
- April 4, 2023 Town Hall Meeting
- May 1, 2023
AAC meetings are held monthly. Parents are encouraged to provide feedback and questions by submitting the form below. Our next meeting is Monday, June 5, 5:30 p.m. at the school.